Saturday, June 7, 2014

Ocean Waves is done!!
And a close up:
This is absolutely my favorite quilt I've made so far. I really love how the black background makes these pieces sparkle. This was Bonnie Hunter's Ocean Waves pattern, available free on her website on the right sidebar here. Today I decided to get a baby quilt I made all set to quilt. I pieced the backing and then did this:
I pieced the batting for it, also. Do you guys do this, too? Anytime I have leftover batting from bigger quilts, I save it all and then piece them together for the little quilts. Here it is, all ready to be quilted:
Now I just have to wait for hub to put my Janome together again so I can quilt it up! In the meantime, I dug out this box of little bow tie blocks that I swapped with my Cobbled Court Quilt Circle sisters:
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them, so just started sewing and this is where I have gotten so far:
It's still a work in progress, so not sure where we'll end up. Still deciding if I am going to keep that "oops" in there or not. See it??

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations,that`s great.Awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet words!

      Delete
  2. This quilt is so you!! I'm thinking that your oops may not be an oops, if you did the same thing to the other 3 sides...it could be a design feature :) Sue, NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would keep the oops - and I love your Ocean Waves! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Regina! I think Ocean waves is one of my two favorites!

      Delete
  4. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete