Saturday, November 12, 2011

Update #2

Yay! I got the center all quilted. Each star was outline quilted with the red thread. I decided that since this is a simple man's quilt, I wanted humble quilting so in the other blocks I just did great big x's. I love the way this is turning out. The back is a homespun green check and the red quilting on it looks great.
Next are the borders. Hope I can get them done. My elbows are killing me but I think I can work through it! Off to see what everyone else is up to!

5 comments:

  1. Woww, woww, woww. I absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy - I love this! I think that you were absolutely right to avoid swirly girly quilting for this one.

    The contrast of the red thread against the back is fab. I've used more of a blending thread for my quilting - if I was more confident, I would have used made it more striking, as yours is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, you got a lot done today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very impressive, love this quilt! cw

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Very Reenie quilt!!! love it.

    ReplyDelete